Tuesday, October 5, 2010

change...

The energy of transformation is all around us. Have you felt it lately? It seems I'm hearing about the wind of change everywhere- my family, my clients, my friends, the media, the check out person at whole foods, the lady at the bank... . There are shifts afoot. And Yes, astrologically speaking there is much reflecting this  (hello cardinal t-square! and feel free to get in touch with me if you want to know where specifically it's showing up for you and what you can do about it). Change, especially when it feels out of our control (which is inherent in it's very nature of course), is not easy because it asks us to shift  personal paradigms, our personal stories that help define us. Often when faced with the choice of choosing change or familiarity we opt for the latter because at least we know it. Life (and/or God, Source, Spirit) has a way of giving us opportunities to change by introducing fearful situations that give us the kick in the butt to transform or hide, deny, excuse (pick your favorite neurosis). We have the option. In our moment of fear, we feel powerless, at the mercy of a situation bigger than ourselves. Sometimes it's hard to even remember to breathe. Yet when we cease resisting and expand our ceiling of consciousness we allow change to take root. We realize what an utter misconception it was that we thought for a fraction of a second we were and are ever powerless. So feeling inspired by this time of transition I am going to start a bit of a series on my blog about change.
Why we resist it, why it’s inevitable (even if we deny it), how we can actually learn to embrace it and allow it to empower us. (Can we? ) I believe we can. Since this energy of change is in the air let's welcome it, listen to it's lessons, channel it, use it to forge in it's fire a new awareness. 
My desire is that this is a collaborative process. One where we can share, support, and discover layers in the process of transformation that open our eyes to possibilities we never had the courage to imagine.  So in that spirit I encourage feedback via the comments box below the blog or on facebook if you feel so inspired to share. I encourage questions, fears, insight, and new ideas. You can always email me (alekasky@gmail.com) if you don't want to publicly share and I'll speak anonymously on your behalf.
My hope is we can shift the fear around change, the isolation we often  feel in it's grip, and the concept we are alone on our journey.
So...
For now let’s start at the beginning. The first question I have is what do you want to change? What are you aware of in this moment that needs transformation? What would you like to allow to fall away? What are you holding on to that no longer serves your greatest good? Pick something? Could be something that you have thought about for a while or something more recent. Think of that thing , that situation, that health issue. Write it down.  In the next few weeks we’ll go further down the road of change so keep it handy. .
and Stay tuned.
and remember...


"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."  ~Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Oh... this so awesome, I am so excited for this series and YES... change is everywhere for me! For the world! Globally and personally... and I don't mind admitting it can scare the wind right out of me at times.

    I will deeply look forward to every single blog post on this topic and cherish each one!

    Your question... what needs transformation... hmmm. I think for me I'd love to be able to embrace change without so much fear... fear seems rooted in my very core... it would be nice to let go and go with the flow more... I think I do for the most part, but a total surrender would feel soooo nice! Just free floating downstream... that would be my goal! This is your strength! You do this all the time, and it is inspiring. I wish I had a more Hawaiian feel to me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog, Aleka!!! I loved your post, and yes-change really is everywhere right now. I often think of your statement, "find the higher side of the energy in your transition and try to ride that end of it." It's really true-resistance creates such stagnancy, and stagnancy creates such imbalance (and depression in the long run).

    Thanks for starting your blog-I am excited about visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!! I'm so stinkin psyched about this series! You present such an interesting perspective on so many things that I believe, yet you give them a unique voice. I love hearing your twist on them. And the timing on this is perfect because there's something rising up that I know needs to be dealt with, and your series is yet another confirmation that I'm ready! Can't wait! Stacey.

    ReplyDelete