Monday, September 19, 2011

Why Me?

It is so difficult at times to access and then accept the answer to the question, "why is this happening to me....again?". Life so often seems to gift our teachings in packages that may not feel very good. It is so easy to get frustrated when "we" don’t "know" the outcome or "we want" the outcome to be different or our life just isn't going in the direction "we" think it should. But maybe that is precisely what this life journey is all about; finding a way to find peace in the presence of uncertainty. (I talk about this in more depth in an earlier blog post here if you are interested)

So often, life seems to make little sense... yet perspective changes everything. Ever look back at seemingly random events and notice how they were not random at all? Or maybe you experienced a crisis that required you take action, which in hindsight, gave you an indescribable gift. When you look back can you fit together events that required you to learn lessons necessary for the next phase of your life? It is true that the view of the path from the summit looks very different than the view of the path from the valley. And although we crave that summit perspective, we may have yet to climb the actual mountain. The climbing part is critically important to actually reaching the top.

With this in mind, I came across this passage the other day while reading Robert Ohotto's book Transforming Fate into Destiny . In my opinion, it gives a rather refreshing perspective on the "whys" of life. It  reminds us to remember that life is a journey and not a destination, that where we are is exactly where we need to be, that patterns are present to get us to pay attention to required lessons,  and real change happens when we are open and accountable for our part in the process.

Enjoy it! I sure did

PS
And as always feel free to contact me if you are in one of those "why is this happening again to me moments", have questions, or perhaps seem to be stuck in a valley. Very often a new perspective is all that is required. My updated website www.alekasky.com. Email is alekasky.com,

Feel free to send this to anyone that might be interested.


Dear God,
It's Mike here. I usually don't ask for much, but I'd really like my new Internet business selling children's toys to take off so I can quite my job. I hate my current boss. He's always criticizing me and never appreciates the hard work I do- he totally reminds me of my father!


The new book I'm reading says prayer and visualization are powerful, so I'm going to visualize making a million dollars by next year through this new Internet gig- could you give me a hand with that? It would be great if you could help me manifest that. Then I could quit my job, get some cool clothes, buy a house, lease a new BMW, and have money to travel to the Bahamas next fall. I could finally ask my girl friend Jane to marry me.


On that note, it would also be great if you could help Jane. I do love her but, sometimes she's so stubborn. I wish she'd change that about herself and quite fighting with me about having kid. I know she says that she doesn't want children, but I really want to start a family. If you help me make that million, then she won't have to work and might be persuaded to stay home and raise kids.


Oh, and if you grant me these things, I promise I'll give 10% of my income to charity and be sure to give some money to each homeless person I see.


Please let me know your answer by Friday - by giving me a unmistakable sign.


Thanks God,
Mike

God's answer

My Dear Mike,

In short, the answer to all of your requests is no. So when nothing remarkable happens this Friday take note that I have turned you down. Although you cannot remember it right now, before you came to Earth you made certain agreements that must be upheld, and answering your requests would violate many of those agreements.

Let me give you a glimpse of things from my perspective. First of all, before you were born, you made an agreement with your boss that he would come into you life at this time to help you heal your issues with your father and how his criticism wounded you. This means that your boss must treat you much like your dad did in order to trigger your old wounds so that they surface again and can be dealt with now that you are an adult. There is a deep lesson that you must learn. Your boss is your teacher, and until you learn what you need to and heal, you cannot move into the next phase of you life.


This is very important to accept, because where you are going next in life will require that you learn how to validate yourself in ways your father could not. You are going to be running a major company in the years to come and will need to be a true leader with authentic soul-esteem. Since that is not done yet you will need to stay at your current job.



Now about this financial request- you are not yet mature enough to handle a million dollars, and you certainly are not going to give 10% to Charity! That amount of cash would exploit current flaws in your character that you are not aware of and hinder your spiritual development. At this point, you are not able to manage the choices that come with that much money. Your current car works just fine, by the way. I will make sure it continues to since you do need it to get to work. I will also ensure that you have enough money to fulfill all your needs-- but not your wants. let's look at more of those: Although you do not know it yet, in two years you will be moving from Milwaukee to Chicago for an incredible job, so it is not wise to buy a house you will have to sell in two years. The market will be bad then. Oh, and there is going to be a major hurricane hitting the Bahamas next fall that would have taken your life, so it is a good thing that you will not have the money to go there.


As far as Jane goes, she is there to teach you to accept others as they are- and to never pray for them to change. She is not meant to have children in this lifetime and will soon discover that she is actually not able to. She is not the right person for you to commit to in marriage, and once you accept her as she is, you will know that. You have a contract to meet someone in three years who is going to want to have a family with you, so once again it's a good thing that you do not have enough money for a wedding.


Mike, I know you cannot see all of this through your egocentric point of view, but do not worry- I have your back.


Love-
God

PS:
You should already be giving the homeless a dollar and a prayer as a way of affirming your connection to Me. They are as much a part of ME as you are

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's a great one! Thank you so much for sharing that part of the book with us here. Fantastic and so helpful! So excited to see this blog post today... thank you Aleka! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Aleka. You are always so timely in my dealings... love it!

    ReplyDelete