Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New Projects and Inspiration



I am planning some exciting new projects in the upcoming year and you, my blog fans, will be the first to know. I will be sharing some of these new developments next week so stay tuned...

These last few weeks have been about inspiration for me. Furiously imagining, listening in, and planning. Just trying to allow what is asking for expression to emerge. And I love the process...well mostly. I should correct that. I love the process when I am not getting in my own way. And boy can I get in my own way sometimes. Talking myself out of inspiration as my inner critic has a field day saying things like  "That won't work? No one will be interested in that? What a stupid idea. You are so weird". And often I believe it. I have so many times shut down my passion, my inner knowing, my enthusiasm with this voice of doubt or fear or even this story of responsibility I tell about myself.

How often do we all do that? Maybe we fear failing. Maybe we fear ridicule. Maybe we fear taking a risk. For whatever reason  we shut down that part of us that is aching for expression. And looking back at my own life I know how often I did (do) that. So strong was my desire to fit it. To fulfill a role a certain standard. To become what I "thought" I should. But who's life was I living? Not mine that's for sure. Often times life has a way of waking us up to the lessons we need. And maybe not with a gentle caress on the shoulder or with a soft whisper of "wake up sleepy head". No, we tend to not hear those. In my case I got very good at ignoring the sutble hints. No, often times we need a hard shove pushing us right off the bed shouting at us "Are you awake yet?"

"Don't die with your music still in you"
~Wayne Dyer

So live it. If something isn't working for you, change it. If you have that nagging feeling that there is more out there for you, seek it. If you know what you have to do but fear it, do it anyway. If there is a passion, a calling, a choice on the path in front of you explore it.

Because  when I am not getting in my own way it is truly miraculous. Inspiration is breathing life into an idea and giving form to creativity. It is our divinely inspired knowing of what to do next. What we must do or life feels somehow wrong. When time slows down and the edges of the world  seem to come in focus. Light changes. Time seems to slow. Clarity emerges. When inspired I often  feel an energetic hum that permeates my body, like a river finding it's path to the ocean, it must find expression. Even if that means I'm writing at 3:00 in the morning, again. And I'm not remotely tired.

So in this blog perhaps a bit shorter than some is all about inspiration. Something I am attempting to come to terms with in all it's splendor and terror. I urge you to do the same.

"A ship is safe in harbor-but that is not  what ships are for"~John Shedd

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me. I am so inspired by your boldness and courage to stand in the face of change and take it head on. Remember that there is always someone there beside you to push you along when needed and catch if you stumble. How easy it is to forget and not fully trust. Breathe. "The important thing is this: To be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become."-Charles Dubois It is your time to become.

    In so much Love! Aloha Ke Akua!

    - Me

    ReplyDelete